Dr Jones‘ Free Dog Health and Nutrition Webinar http://www.thedogsupplement.com/webinar
In general, for dogs stick to the macronutrients of 1/3 animal protein, 1/3 healthy carbohydrate ( ie sweet potato), 1/3 veggies ( ie kale or spinach), Fat in the form of Sunflower oil/Coconut oil, Fiber in the form of Ground Flax, plus a calcium supplement ( ground eggshell).
1. Focus on the Protein with balanced amino acid profiles (lean beef, chicken, turkey and egg)
2. The Carbohydrates are not necessary, but the ‘non’ grain carbs provide additional nutrients: Brown rice (fiber, protein, Calcium, Iron, Selenium and B vitamins), Sweet Potato ( Fiber, Protein, Vitamin A,C,E, Potassium and B vitamins), Potato (Potassium, Vitamin C, B vitamins)
3. Additional ‘balanced’ fat is necessary, a good Omega 6:3 balanced, nutritious fat I prefer is sunflower oil, but can also use Coconut oil.
4. Omega 3 Fatty Acid Supplement should be added in the form of Krill, Fish or Flax oil. Krill is the most nutrient dense and beneficial of all the products., with a great EPA/DHA fatty acid profile, contains the antioxidant Astaxanthin, and being high in Vitamin D.
5. Calcium is required as bones are not being consumed. I prefer Egg Shells : dried, roasted in the oven for 10 mins, then ground with a coffee grinder. You can also use OTC calcium carbonate.
6. Vitamins: Vitamin D is needed, but is in the egg yolks and red meat as well as being in high levels in the Krill or Fish oil. Vitamin E is in the Sunflower Oil and Coconut Oil
7. Minerals: Iron is in the animal protein and spinach/kale, Zinc is in the red meat and flax seeds, Copper is in the spinach, Iodine is on the Egg Yolks, Potassium is in the Sweet Potato and Regular Potato
8. Fiber: the veggies, the brown rice and the best source in my opinion (also the healthiest) is the ground flax.
My Balanced Dog supplements
Krill oil supplement
Music from Uppbeat (free for Creators!):
License code: KO2GTGMJ0RDDX2QM