Eww. I know, but some dogs struggle with their anal glands and need to have their anal glands expressed regularly. After watching how to express your dog’s anal glands, if you want to do this yourself at home, ***spend at least one session with a veterinary technician that can guide you through it first to help both you and your dog together.***
A few signs your dog may need their anal glands expressed:
○ Excessive licking around the area
○ Scooting their hind end on the ground
○ A fishy odorous smell from their hind end or even from their breath
○ Don’t express your dog’s anal glands if they are not showing signs that they need it (consult your vet hospital first)
○ Be nice – use lube
○ Go slow so you don’t make your dog uncomfortable
○ Squeeze gently from the furthest end (most interior side) of the „pea“ or „grape“ towards the opening in the anus
○ Give your dog something yummy to eat or fun to play with while you do it such as a lick mat or peanut butter Kong
○ Remember to schedule at least one instructional session with a veterinary technician to help you first
Questions? Pop them in the comments below!
🐶 HELPFUL PRODUCTS
Uber Lube: https://amzn.to/30rDGWq
Nitrile Gloves: https://amzn.to/3frKwzH
Lavender Puppy Wipes: https://amzn.to/3ifWmid
Lick Mats: https://amzn.to/31pqYXu
🐾 UPLOAD YOUR VIDEOS
If you would like me to analyze your dog’s behavior you can go to https://saraondrako.com/analysis and submit your videos!
❤️ WATCH NEXT
○ How To Brush Your Dogs Teeth: https://youtu.be/aU3n7kaPxKI
○ How To Correctly Cut, Trim & Dremel Your Dog’s Nails: https://youtu.be/atL9Lo-CbaY
○ Canine CPR: What You Must Know: https://youtu.be/uy8SURrYyKU
○ How To Make A Snuffle Mat For Your Dog: https://youtu.be/u485oQ1W9pE
○ How To Give A Rescue Dog A Bath: https://youtu.be/Zj9S9apdJN4
○ How To Stop Your Dog From Lunging & Pulling On The Leash: https://youtu.be/kQ1ro8kPtok
🌹 COME SAY HI!
📧 „BEST OWNER POSSIBLE“ Emails:
Every month, I send out an exclusive email with relevant things that I believe help you to be the best pet parent. It could include exclusive giveaways or chances to interact with me, books, toys, articles, health, videos, and random weird things I discovered to keep you updated on all things pets. It’s free and a great resource for providing the best life for your dog – sign-up here: https://saraondrako.com/best-owner
DISCLAIMER: Links included in this description might be affiliate links. If you purchase a product or service with the links that I provide I may receive a small commission. There is no additional charge to you! Thank you for supporting my channel so I can continue to provide you with free content each week!